Borussia Dortmund's Ilkay Gündogan has said he will make a decision on his future 'as soon as possible'. Gündogan announced he wouldn't sign a new contract with the Bundesliga club before the end of the domestic season.
Ilkay Gündogan will make a decision on his future "as soon as possible," the midfielder announced on Thursday. The Borussia Dortmund players will leave the club this summer, as it was announced last month, but his destination is still unknown.
"At the beginning I chuckled [about the speculation]," Gündogan told his Facebook fans on Friday. "But now I have decided to say something about it."
"Strictly speaking, this 2014/15 season ends on 30 June for me. Transfers are made early in football, but I still have matches to concentrate on. I will make a decision on my future as soon as possible, after the season and our important European Championship qualifier."
The 24-year old confirmed at the end of April that he would not be renewing his contract at Borussia Dortmund, which expires in June 2016. The club's Chief Executive Hans-Joachim Watze announced shortly after that Gündogan, who joined from Nürnberg in 2011, would be leaving the club this summer.
Gündogan is expected to feature for Germany in their European Championship qualifier against Gibraltar tomorrow, in Faro.