If you want to film or take pictures with your smartphone and quickly share beautiful results, you need effective tools for image editing. DW Digital is testing the most popular apps.
The photo editing app "Handy Photo" features a rather unusual interface: To display the image in progress as large as possible, the developers have decided to hide all menus in the screen’s corners. When activated, options appear in a kind of wheel. This solution takes some time getting used to, but after a while you can handle it fine.
The overall package convinces with high-quality tone and color tools and a variety of filters. Selective adjustments are possible as well.
Top 3 Pros:
- Unusual design
- "Retouch" tool for removing unwanted image elements
- Selective adjustment options
Top 3 Cons:
- User interface takes time getting used to
- App not available as a free version
- “Cut out” functions not completely sound
Price: € 2.99 for iOS and Android
Manufacturer: ADVA Soft