These charts and this article are updated every Friday between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. UTC/GMT. Last updated: August 14, 2020.
What's the current global trend?
The goal for all countries is to make it to the blue part of the chart and stay there. Countries and territories in this section reported zero new cases both this week (past seven days) and the week before.
Currently, that is the case for 17 out of 209 countries and territories.
Please note: The number of newly reported cases highly depends on a country’s ability to conduct tests and its strategy for administering tests.
How has the Covid-19 trend evolved over the past weeks?
The situation has deteriorated: 107 countries report more cases this week than last week.
What is the current Covid-19 trend in my country?
Based on the newly reported case numbers – which can reflect local outbreaks as well as country-wide spread – in the past 14 days, countries and territories classify as follows:
More than twice as many new cases this week as last week:
- Asia: Bhutan, Cambodia, Georgia, Jordan, Syria
- Africa: Botswana, Central African Republic, Libya, Mauritania
- Americas: Aruba, Belize, Cuba, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos islands
- Europe: Faroe Islands, Gibraltar, Hungary, Malta
- Oceania: New Zealand
More new cases this week than last week:
- Asia: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Israel, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
- Africa: Angola, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Senegal, Sudan, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda
- Americas: Argentina, Bahamas, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Jamaica, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Sint Maarten (Dutch part), Suriname, US Virgin Islands, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Europe: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Monaco, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine
- Oceania: French Polynesia, Guam, New Caledonia, Papua New Guinea
About the same number of new cases in both weeks (no change or plus/minus seven cases):
- Asia: Mongolia, Myanmar, Taiwan, Thailand
- Africa: Burundi, Chad, Eritrea, Sao Tome and Principe, Sierra Leone
- Americas: Antigua and Barbuda, Bermuda, Curacao, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Europe: Jersey
- Oceania: Northern Mariana Islands
Fewer new cases this week than last week:
- Asia: Armenia, China, Cyprus, Iran, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Philippines, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam
- Africa: Algeria, Cape Verde, Cote d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Gabon, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Rwanda, South Africa, Zambia
- Americas: Bolivia, Canada, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, United States of America
- Europe: Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Estonia, Iceland, Kosovo, Latvia, Luxembourg, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Spain, United Kingdom
- Oceania: Australia
Less than half as many new cases as last week:
- Asia: Azerbaijan, Singapore, Timor Leste
- Africa: Benin, Comoros, Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Niger, Seychelles, Somalia, South Sudan, Zimbabwe
- Americas: Barbados, Bonaire, Saint Eustatius and Saba, British Virgin Islands
- Europe: San Marino
Zero new cases this week as well as last week:
- Asia: Lao People's Democratic Republic
- Africa: Mauritius, Tanzania, Western Sahara
- Americas: Anguilla, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Greenland, Grenada, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia
- Europe: Guernsey, Holy See, Isle of Man
- Oceania: Fiji
These charts and this article are updated every Friday between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. (UTC/GMT).
If you have questions regarding the analysis, please refer to the project’s github repository for code and methodology. For feedback regarding the charts, please contact email@example.com
The charts in this article were inspired by Lisa Charlotte Rost’s work.