If you want to film or take pictures with your smartphone and quickly share beautiful results, you need effective tools for image editing. DW Digital is testing the most popular apps. This week: "PowerDirector".
"PowerDirector" is an extensive video editing tool for Android. The app lets you edit and cut film and photo material. It offers a multitude of possibilities, but the interface is still rather easy to manage. Even on small screens, material can be cut and edited rather precisely. The app supports resolutions of up to 4K and videos in the formats 16: 9 and 9:16. The basic features of "PowerDirector" come pretty close to professional editing programs - well suited for cutting and editing a video on the go.
Top 3 Pros:
- Intuitive user interface
- Numerous editing options for film, sound and photo material
- "Chroma-key" function for green screen effects
Top 3 Cons:
- Free version exports videos with watermark
- Overall package relatively expensive: Many extensions must be purchased or unlocked via monthly subscription
- Transitions don’t look very professional
Price: Free with in-app purchases or monthly subscription