On the basis of these General Terms and Conditions (GTC) a contract shall be established between the Partner, hereinafter referred to as the "Partner"
Deutsche Welle, represented by Marco Maaß, Head of Distribution Enablement, Kurt-Schumacher-Str. 3, 53113 Bonn, Germany,
hereinafter referred to as "DW".
1. The following GTC shall apply to all commercial relations between DW and the Partner which concern the "German News Service". The version valid at the time of contract conclusion shall apply in each case.
Access and use of the services shall be subject to agreement and compliance with these GTC. By sending an email stating an intention to use the services of DW specified in Section 2 the Partner declares its agreement with the GTC.
2. The subject of the contract is a cooperation in the course of which DW shall supply the Partner, in accordance with the GTC, with an RSS feed (in the form of a simple feed, a content box or a player) with DW content related to Germany (articles, texts, video files, audio files).
3. (1) The Partner may use the DW content only for the website specified in the email correspondence. Any additional use of the RSS feed by the Partner shall only be permissible following agreement of DW.
(2) The Partner may not change, shorten or otherwise edit the DW content.
(3) Where the Partner’s website contains advertising the advertising must be clearly designated as such and be clearly demarcated from the articles, texts, video files, audio files, logos and brands of DW.
4. DW shall provide the Partner with a logo, trademarks, etc. in accordance with the DW corporate design in order to enable the Partner to correctly designate DW or DW.COM (DW Style Guide) in the context of this contract.
5. The term of this contract shall commence on the day of sending of the email and shall end one (1) year thereafter. The contract term shall extend automatically by a further year unless one of the parties informs the other in writing at least thirty (30) days prior to the expiry of the term that the contract is not to be extended.
6. Either party may at any time terminate the contract in writing without notice if the other party breaches essential contractual obligations and fails to rectify such breaches of contract within a maximum of one (1) week following written warning, or if the other party is insolvent, or insolvency proceedings or similar proceedings over the assets of the other party have been commenced.
7. Breaches of contract by the Partner shall entitle DW – without prejudice to other claims – to withdraw permission of use of the DW content by the Partner with immediate effect (and likewise to terminate the contract in accordance with Section 7).
8. This contract shall be governed by German law with regard to its interpretation and enforcement. The place of jurisdiction shall be Bonn, Germany.
9. The contract shall be implemented in consideration of the applicable data protection provisions. Contract data (Bestandsdaten) shall only be stored and used for the purposes of execution and implementation of the order. DW does not disclose any personal data of the Partner to any third parties, unless DW is under a statutory obligation to do so or the Partner has given its express prior consent. At the Partner’s request, the personal data shall be deleted, corrected or blocked in accordance with the statutory provisions. For questions and applications for deletion, correction or blocking of personal data and collection, processing and use the Partner may contact the following address: email@example.com
10. If individual provisions of this contract are invalid or unenforceable or become invalid or unenforceable after conclusion of the contract the effectiveness of the remaining contractual provisions shall be unaffected.