More than 500 tons of old bombs from the two world wars were recovered from the state of Brandenburg in 2004. Speaking in Potsdam on Friday, Brandenburg's Christian Democrat Interior Minister Jörg Schönbohm criticised the government for what he described as insufficient funds for the removal of old bombs. "Brandenburg will be dealing with the remains of WWII for many years to come, there is not yet an end in sight," he said. The government invested 14 million euros ($18 million) in clearing explosives last year, but Schönbohm slammed the government for only paying for the recovery of German ammunition, leaving the state of Brandenburg to pick up the tab for allied bombs. He said that since 1991 the government has only covered the cost of 27 percent of the 9660 tons of dangerous explosives found in Brandenburg.