What do I strive to be as a journalist? I strive to be a good journalist, nothing more and nothing less.
Berlin (okay, it's Kitchener today, but it was Berlin until 1916), Ontario, Canada
B.A (cum laude) English and Philosophy, Elon College; Masters studies English, Wake Forest University
CNN International - news anchor (Berlin)
DW - news anchor, political correspondent, talk host (Quadriga, Transatlantic), presenter (Made in Germany, People and Politics)
CBS Network Radio News, American Public Radio (Marketplace); World Radio Switzerland –news correspondent (Germany)
WSOE (Elon College), WFDD (Winston-Salem), JAM-FM (Berlin), Radio JFK (Berlin) – program host
EUROPE Magazine - Germany correspondent & contributing editor
TransAtlantic Magazine – Germany correspondent
With DW since:
"A free press can be good or bad, but, most certainly, without freedom a press will never be anything but bad." Albert Camus
My personal hero:
Undoubtedly, my wife.
What do I strive to be as a journalist?
I strive to be a good journalist, nothing more and nothing less.
7 things I particularly love about working in news
1. Conversing with people who have a compelling and insightful story to tell.
2. Shedding light on issues of global concern.
3. Engaging viewers, expanding minds and satisfying our mutual need to know.
4. Asking questions that desperately need to be answered.
5. Challenging people to examine the implications of their views and actions.
6. Working with amazingly bright and talented professionals.
7. Co-creating a narrative that helps us understand the world.
Follow me on Twitter #link:http://www.twitter.com/tmnewsstream:@tmnewsstream#