English, German, Spanish, Catalan, rusty French and Dutch
M.A. in Journalism by the Autonomous University of Barcelona
With DW since:
“There is no tool for development more effective than the empowerment of women.” (Kofi Annan)
My personal heroes:
All the trailblazers, visionaries and activists fighting for full gender equality around the globe
What do I strive to be as a journalist?
As a journalist, I strive to be the person holding the megaphone for those whose voices are usually overheard or deliberately silenced. I firmly believe in the power of communication to build bridges and bring people together. Every day I go to work, I seek to make sense of the world and what makes it go around — first and foremost for our viewers — but also for myself.
7 famous people — dead or alive — I’d like to share a meal with
- US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Writer, filmmaker and activist Susan Sontag
- Nobel Peace Price Laureate Nadia Murat
- Executive director of UN Women and Under-Secretary General of the UN, Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka
- Writer and WWII veteran Harry Leslie Smith
- Journalist Christiane Amanpour
- Photojournalist Anja Niedringhaus