Augsburg, Bavaria, Germany, Europe
German, English (plus a bit of Italian and French)
Been in the business for more than 18 years.
With DW since:
“Go placidly amidst the noise and haste.” (Desiderata - Max Ehrmann)
My personal hero:
Definitely my husband
What do I strive to be as a journalist? A hero, a storyteller, a helper, a public servant?
I’m no hero and I don’t tell stories. News isn’t stories but facts. I’m trying to gather and understand the facts, and then pass them on to you. Guess that makes me a helper and public servant.
7 things I would like to do if I were given the chance:
1. I want to take part in a space programme, explore the universe, visit other planets, learn more about our existence in the greater scheme of things.
2. I want to climb Mount Everest alone, without hoards of tourists.
3. I want to travel through time – see, hear and smell what it was like hundreds of years ago, experience history first hand – and then come back and tell historians what it was really like.
4. I want to take time off from work to travel the world, not just hopping around in 7 days, but really live in as many places as possible to really get to know them (…well, maybe I’ll actually do that one day…).
5. I want to speak at least 20 languages, to better understand other cultures, read their books, watch their movies, understand their ways and better express myself to them.
6. I want to taste all the national dishes of the world (but I can’t because I’m vegetarian)
7. I want to find the answers to all the problems in the world, but I’m afraid greater minds than mine are struggling with that task already. Well, as long as I’m not adding to those problems, I’m happy.