February 22, 2021
Paranaque City, Philippines
Tagalog, English, German
I did my undergrad in Ateneo de Manila University in the Philippines, then moved to Berlin for my master’s degree in Journalism. I freelanced for a variety of newspapers until I landed at DW!
With DW since:
This is slightly embarrassing, but a quote I often think about comes from a jogging baboon featured in the second season finale of BoJack Horseman. He says: “it gets easier. Every day, it gets a little easier. But you gotta do it every day – that’s the hard part. But it does get easier.” He’s really not just talking about jogging.
My personal hero:
7 things I would like to do if I were given the chance:
- Join The Amazing Race (I have no realistic chance of winning)
- Find a way to spend half my year in the Philippines and the other half in Germany
- Guest star as a voice talent in a cartoon
- Go on a silent retreat (mostly to get to know everyone else’s motivations for going, which..they can’t tell me)
- Own a bar
- Learn to farm
- Win at a sporting event (especially difficult, seeing as I play no competitive sports)