The three-time Tour de France winner has said that he was "rammed on purpose" while training hear his Monaco home. This comes three weeks after Michele Scarponi was struck and killed by a van during training in Italy.
In a statement issued via his Twitter account, the he British cyclist said that he had not been injured in the incident but that his training bike had been "totaled." According to Froome, the driver of the vehicle that hit his bike took off straight after the incident without stopping to see whether he was okay.
The tweet was sent from the small town of Beausoleil, which is close to the three-time Tour de France winner's residence in Monaco.
Froome is not taking part in this year's Giro d'Italia, This year's Tour de France is to start on July 1, with the first stage being held in the western German city of Düsseldorf.