The White City in Tel Aviv
After Hitler took power in 1933, many Jews fled to Palestine, among them Bauhaus alumni. Affordable housing had to be created for the many new immigrants. In Tel Aviv, the White City, a collection of more than 4000 buildings, was created between 1933 and 1948, designed mainly by German Jewish architects. It, too, is a World Heritage Site.