A good meal can ease the pain of a long layover overseas. RewardExpert sought out to find out which international airports serve the best food.
RewardEpert compiled thousands of reviews from the fifteen most trafficked airports outside of the United States and gathered menu and pricing data to determine the best airports in terms of overall restaurant quality, price and variety to help international travelers find culinary refuge from their long layovers.
1. Narita International Airport, NRT, Tokyo, Japan
2. Taoyuan International Airport, TYE, Taipei, Taiwan
3. Hong Kong International Airport, HKG, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
4. Changi Airport, SIN, Changi, Singapore
5. Amsterdam Airport Schipol, AMS, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
6. Gatwick Airport, LGW, Gatwick, United Kingdom
7. Kingsford-Smith Airport, SYD, Sydney, Australia
8. Adolfo Suarez Madrid-Barajas Airport, MAD, Madrid, Spain
9. Munich Airport, MUC, Munich, Germany
10. Heathrow Airport, LHR, London, United Kingdom
11. Frankfurt Airport, FRA, Frankfurt, Germany
12. Pierson Airport, YYZ, Toronto, Canada
13. Charles De Gaulle Airport, CDG, Paris, France
14. Barcelona-El Prat Airport, BCN, Barcelona, Spain
15. Leonardo Da Vinci-Fuimicino Airport, FCO, Rome, Italy
The final rankings were determined using three indicators: quality, price and cuisine diversity. Quality rankings were determined with a weighted average of Yelp and TripAdvisor scores for each airport’s restaurants and cross-checked with Zagat and JD Power rankings. Price scores were calculated using Yelp pricing data. Cuisine diversity was evaluated using the primary cuisine categories noted in Yelp Reviews and the individual airport’s restaurants listing in their directories.