Take a look at the beta version of dw.com. We're not done yet! Your opinion can help us make it better.
During DW's bilingual (German-English) international traineeship, you'll learn the ABCs of journalism. Everything learned in the seminars can be directly applied to the placements in the editorial departments.
• 18 month-long journalistic education
• six months of theory and practice-oriented seminar blocks held by accomplished journalists
• nine months of placements with various DW editorial departments in Bonn, Berlin and one of our foreign bureaus in Brussels or Washington DC
• a one-month placement with DW's partner broadcaster, Deutschlandradio
• 36 days of vacation during the whole traineeship
• an initial salary of 1,896 euros. After six months, it increases to 2,074 euros. Then it increases to 2,173 euros for the final six months (everything pre-tax)
The two-month seminar blocks alternate with the placements so that you're able to directly apply what you've just learned. One of the highlights: At the end of our traineeship the trainees officially present a multimedia project which they've developed and produced as a team.
For more information, take a look at our FAQs.