If you want to take pictures with your smartphone and quickly share beautiful results, you need effective tools for image editing. DW Digital is testing the most popular apps. This week: "Photo Editor by Aviary ".
At first glance, the photo editing app "Aviary” looks quite ordinary. It offers the usual choice of filters, frames, stickers and transformation tools. What makes Aviary special is that it is part of the Adobe family and offers an upload of your final creations into the Adobe Creative Cloud. Another special feature is the “Discover” section of the app. Here, a curated stream of photos made can be viewed in their step-by-step editing process. From the original photo to the final edit, all the decisions made while editing are revealed.
Top 3 Pros:
- The “Discover” section with its step-by-step editing feature
- A “Meme” tool for creating meme images with text
- Easy-to-use interface
Top 3 Cons:
- Although it’s free, ads pop up even between editing stages
- Sticker selection not very imaginative
- Cut outs hard to draw with finger tip
Price: free, with in-app-purchases, for iOS and Android
Manufacturer: Aviary, Inc.