Exercise - outrunning old age | In Good Shape - The Health Show | DW | 23.05.2013
  1. Inhalt
  2. Navigation
  3. Weitere Inhalte
  4. Metanavigation
  5. Suche
  6. Choose from 30 Languages

In Good Shape

Exercise - outrunning old age

Only about 30 percent of our life expectancy is genetically pre-programmed. The remaining 70 percent depends on environmental conditions and lifestyle. Exercising regularly, not smoking, drinking alcohol in moderation and eating five portions of fruit and vegetables daily: these four simple rules can extend your life by an estimated 14 years.

Watch video 02:10
Now live
02:10 mins.

Regular physical activity also reduces the risk of dementia.