These charts and this article are updated every Friday between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. UTC/GMT. Last updated: July 3rd, 2020.
What’s the current global trend?
The goal for all countries is to make it to the blue part of the chart and stay there. Countries and territories in this section reported zero new cases both this week (past seven days) and the week before.
Currently, that is the case for 26 out of 209 countries and territories.
Please note: The number of newly reported cases highly depends on a country’s ability to conduct tests and its strategy for administering tests.
What is the current Covid-19 trend in my country?
Based on the newly reported case numbers – which can reflect local outbreaks as well as country-wide spread – in the past 14 days, countries and territories classify as follows:
More than twice as many cases this week as last week:
- Asia: Bhutan, Cambodia, Israel, Kazakhstan, Palestinian territories
- Africa: Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Eritrea, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Namibia, Western Sahara
- Americas: Belize, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Turks and Caicos Islands, US Virgin Islands
- Europe: Croatia, Czech Republic, Latvia, Luxembourg, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia, Switzerland
- Oceania: Australia
More cases this week than last week:
- Asia: Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Nepal, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan
- Africa: Cabo Verde, Comoros, Equatorial Guinea, Eswatini, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Togo, Zambia
- Americas: Argentina, Aruba, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Panama, Saint Lucia, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, United States of America, Venezuela
- Europe: Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Finland, France, Gibraltar, Greece, Ireland, North Macedonia, Norway, Portugal, Romania
- Oceania: French Polynesia, Northern Mariana Islands
About the same number of cases in both weeks (no change or plus/minus seven cases):
- Asia: Cyprus, Georgia, Myanmar, Thailand
- Africa: Burkina Faso, Chad, Djibouti, Gambia, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Mozambique, Uganda
- Americas: Cayman Islands, Cuba, Curaçao, Guyana
- Europe: Estonia, Hungary, Iceland, Jersey, Lithuania, Malta, Monaco, Slovakia
- Oceania: New Zealand
Fewer cases this week than last week:
- Asia: Afghanistan, Armenia, China, Jordan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Yemen
- Africa: Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Morocco, Niger, South Sudan, Sudan, Tunisia, Zimbabwe
- Americas: Canada, Chile, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Uruguay
- Europe: Belarus, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Republic of Moldova, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine
- Oceania: Guam
Less than half as many cases as last week
- Asia: Mongolia, Vietnam
- Africa: Benin, Mauritania, Mauritius, Sao Tome and Principe, Somalia
- Americas: Antigua and Barbuda, Bermuda
- Europe: San Marino, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Oceania: Papua New Guinea
Zero cases this week as well as last week:
- Asia: Brunei Darussalam, Laos, Timor-Leste
- Africa: Seychelles, Tanzania
- Americas: Anguilla, Bahamas, Barbados, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, British Virgin Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Greenland, Grenada, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sint Maarten (Dutch part)
- Europe: Andorra, Faroe Islands, Guernsey, Holy See, Isle of Man, Liechtenstein
- Oceania: Fiji, New Caledonia
How has the Covid-19 trend evolved over the past weeks?
The situation has not improved.
These charts and this article are updated every Friday between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. (UTC/GMT).
If you have questions regarding the analysis, please refer to the project’s github repository for code and methodology. For feedback regarding the charts, please contact email@example.com
The charts in this article were inspired by Lisa Charlotte Rost’s work.