It was supposed to be one of those Saturday evening celebrations, but it all ended with the death of six teenagers. The tragedy in a garden shed in the Bavarian town of Arnstein was the result of an accident, police now confirmed.
Several hundred people die each year in Germany from carbon monoxide poisoning. On Monday, a young family of four was found dead near Stuttgart by a relative.
Police have confirmed that six teenagers found in a garden shed in southern Germany died by carbon monoxide poisoning. The source of the deadly gas was a power generator.
Last December, a German teenager was murdered by her former boyfriend, an Afghan refugee. The small town of Kandel has seen its streets hijacked by heated demonstrations of Germany's competing attitudes about migration.
Asne Seierstad has written books on personalities in conflict. She looks at Norwegian mass murder Anders Breivik with the same, unjudging eye as two women who became Islamists. Judgment, she told DW, is for her readers.
© 2018 Deutsche Welle |
Legal notice |
| Mobile version