Fine dining in Finland - Chef Hans Välimäki at Chez Dominique has two Michelin stars to his name and cooked up this delicious meal for euromaxx.
To prepare the sole
600g Fillets of sole
Clarified butter, salt, white pepper
1. Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper.
2. Fry in a hot pan with the butter until both sides are golden.
3. Finish cooking in an oven preheated to 70 degrees celcius.
To prepare the shellfish 'bolognaise'
50g Lobster meat
50g Cooked squid
50g Diced scallops
50g Diced celery
50g Roughly chopped fennel
20g Roughly chopped tomatoes
50g Tomato passata
Parsley, chives, candied lemon, salt, white pepper
1. Put the shellfish and vegetables into a pan with the tomato passata, and simmer lightly.
2. Season with the herbs, lemon, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Spoon the bolognese onto the sauteed sole and garnish with caviar.
To prepare the lemon gnocchi
160g Boiled potatoes
20g Potato starch
1 Egg yolk
Grated lemon rind, chopped chives, salt
1. Mix the potatoes, potato starch and flour to form a dough.
2. Roll the dough into finger-sized pieces and cut into pieces 2cm big.
3. Cook in boiling water.
4. Drain and toss in butter, before sauteeing in a hot pan.
To prepare the tarragon sauce
200g Veal stock
200g Lobster stock
50g Dry white wine (such as chardonnay)
100g Diced carrots, celery and shallots
50g Tarragon leaves
Vinegar, salt, sugar
1. Sautee the carrots, celery and shallots, then add the white wine and stir until it's almost boiled away.
2. Add both the veal and lobster stocks, and reduce to a third.
3. Press the sauce through a sieve and add the tarragon leaves.
4. Simmer on a low heat for 12 minutes.
5. Pass the sauce through a sieve again, and season to taste.
To prepare the spinach-celery rolls
100g Celery stalks
20g Grated parmesan
20g Dried black olives, chopped
Salt, white pepper
1. Cut the celery lengthways into thin strips.
2. Blanch for ten seconds, and then immerse in ice-cold water.
3. Sautee the spinach in butter before adding the parmesan and olives.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Fill the celery strips with the spinach mixture.
6. Form into rolls, and cut into pieces 1cm thick.
7. Remove the cling and heat up in a warm oven.
To prepare the pureed fennel
150g Chopped fennel
50g Chopped shallots
50g White wine
20g Tarragon leaves
50g Olive oil
Salt, sugar, pastis
1. Sautee the fennel and the shallots in the olive oil.
2. Add the white wine and simmer until it has almost boiled away.
3. Puree the mixture in a blender, and add the remaining olive oil and tarragon.
4. Add the salt, sugar and pastis to taste.
To prepare the rock samphire
50g Rock samphire
20g Rice flour
1 Pinch of baking powder
40g Carbonated mineral water
1 Egg white
1. Mix the flour, baking powder and water.
2. Beat the egg white lightly and add to the mixture.
3. Dip the pieces of rock samphire into the batter and fry in peanut oil at 180 degrees celcius.
4. Dry off the excess oil with paper towels.