Germany has many public holidays, some of which vary from state to state. Since most things are closed then, it's best to check dates before you make any plans.
Public Holidays in 2014
- 1: New Year's Day
- 6: Epiphany (only in Bavaria, Baden-Wuerttemberg and Saxony-Anhalt)
- 3: Carnival Monday (only in parts of the Rhineland)
- 18: Good Friday
- 20: Easter
- 21: Easter Monday
- 1: Labor Day
- 29: Ascension Day
- 8-9: Pentacost
- 19: Corpus Christi (only in Baden-Wuerttemberg, Bavaria, Hesse, North Rhine-Westphalia, Rhineland Palatinate, Saarland, Saxony and Thuringia)
- 15: Assumption Day (only in Bavaria and Saarland)
- 3: Day of German Unity
- 31: Reformation Day (only in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Brandenburg, Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia)
- 1: All Saints’ Day (only in Baden-Wuerttemberg, Bavaria, North Rhine-Westphalia, Rhineland Palatinate and Saarland)
- 19: Day of Prayer and Repentance (only in Saxony)
- 24: Christmas Eve (half-day)
- 25: Christmas
- 26: Second Day of Christmas / Boxing Day
We want your video!
Send us your video of a dream destination for our tv show Check-in.