Chef Daniela Petraglia from La Pergoletta restaurant serves up a Pisan speciality.
350 g beef
1 celery stick
1 carton tomato concentrate
2 glasses Chianti or San Giovese
1 bay leaf
1 rasher of bacon
Salt, black pepper
400 g spaghetti
1 glass Visanto
1) Cut the beef into strips and soften with the side of a knife
2) Slice onions, celery and carrots and fry gently in olive oil
3) For depth of flavor, add the bacon and bay leaf - cook for 5 minutes
4) Add the beef
5) Add the tomato concentrate
6) Simmer for 10 minutes
7) Add the red wine (Chianti or San Giovese) and glass of Visanto
8) Cook on a low heat for an hour
9) Add vegetable stock and a good pinch of salt and pepper
10) Cook the spaghetti
11) When finished mix into the sauce
12) Sprinkle with grated parmesan to finish
And there you have it! Pisa-style spaghetti with beef!
This recipe comes to us courtesy of chef Daniela Petraglia from La Pergoletta restaurant.