This recipe comes to us courtesy of Peter Hampl from the Westin Grand Hotel in Berlin
1 kg pork belly
0,8 kg filet of pork
1 bunch of root vegetables
1 small pointed cabbage
0.5 liter of veal stock
3 pieces of sage
1 stick of celery
0.3 liter rape seed oil
1 bunches of thyme
1 piece of garlic
0.1 liter of cream
0.1 liter of balsamic vinegar
Salt, freshly ground white pepper, cumin, sugar, nutmeg.
- Season the pork belly with salt, pepper and a little cumin. Fry for a short time. Cut the vegetables into cubes and add the celery and shallots. Roast the vegetables and add the veal stock.
- place in an oven for about an hour-and-a-half at 130 degrees Celsius.
- cut the pork filet into medallions.
- peel the radishes and then use a scoop to from small balls or dice.
- wash the potatoes and remove small pieces with scoop or dice.
- place the small pieces of potato and radish (or other root vegetables) in salted water and cook until just firm.
- remove the external leaves of the cabbage and cut into eighths. Sautee the cut cabbage with salt, pepper, sugar and balsamic vinegar for about 10 minutes.
- when the pork belly has finished braising place under a grill and heat until the crust is crispy, then cut into portions.
- fry the pork medallions with salt and pepper in a little oil.
- Cut the shallots into small pieces and cook in oil until colorless. Add the small pieces of potato and radish. Stir in the cream and cook a little with pepper, salt and grated nutmeg. Then arrange everything on a plate. Bon appetit.