San José, Costa Rica
Spanish, English, German, French
Masters Degree in Media Planning, Development and Consulting, Former International News Editor at Repretel, Costa Rica, Former Distribution Executive at DW
With DW since:
"Practical ideas are only practical when they are put intro practice." A. Porte
My personal hero:
Everyone can be a hero in their own way. I especially admire those who fight for freedom of speech.
What do I strive to be as a journalist?
A hero, a storyteller, a helper, a public servant? I strive to be an interpreter between the complex, sometimes confusing, world we live in and your everyday life.
7 things that you really shouldn’t know about me
1. When I start reading a book, I can’t leave it unfinished, even if I hate it. As a result, it sometimes takes ages for me to read a book.
2. I love airplanes and flying, but I’m too clumsy to be a pilot, so I’ve decided to live life as a passenger.
3. Television is my passion, and I usually watch the first airing of every show that runs for the first time. Netflix ruined it all.
4. I´ve lived 50% of my life in Germany and 50% in Costa Rica. When I’m in Costa Rica, I miss Germany. When I’m in Germany, I miss Costa Rica. I’m too German to live in Costa Rica, and too Costa Rican to live in Germany.
5. I can sleep anytime, anywhere, and I am secretly afraid it will happen on air some day.
6. My full name can only be pronounced correctly in Spanish speaking countries, so I react to almost any similar-sounding noise. No matter what you call me, I will turn around.
7. I am a fan of Microsoft and Windows, and it’s a very lonely world. See that smile while I’m telling you that the Apple shares went up? It is fake.