Internships placements at Deutschen Welle are generally possible in almost all areas and languages.
Our editorial departments create online multi media content in 30 languages in our offices in Bonn and our television productions are located in Berlin.
For 2017 most internship placements are taken. We are currently looking for interns within the following areas:
Technology main department: Marketing and Communication
- in Bonn, for at least 2 months between June and October 2017
- preferably enrolled in a master's programme with interest in technology
- German and English language skills are required
Administration Management: Organisational Development
- in Bonn, for 6 months
- preferrably you are a graduate or enrolled in at least the 3rd semester of a media studies or business/-organisation psychology university programme
- basic knowledge about theoretical principles within economic sciences, organisation and process development
- perfect German and solid English language skills
Distribution: Customer Service/ CRM
- in Bonn and Berlin for 3 months (or longer)
- preferrably you are a graduate or enrolled in an advanced semester within the area of business administration or media studies
- high interest and affinity towards digital media and knowledge in using social media
- preferrably high knowledge about Excel and basic knowledge about CRM systems are of advantage
- profound English and German language skills (Spanish skills are required for our Berlin office)
General requirements for interns:
- you must be enrolled at least in your 3rd semester
- you already gained working experience and have the necessary language skills for the preferred department
- if you are living in Germany: you have a valid work permit
Your application (in German or English) must include:
- Letter of motivation stating your preferred time frame and department
- CV, if possible with a portrait picture, including your current address, birth date, place of birth, as well as your current status (student, graduate, scholarship holder, mandatory internship, etc.)
- Students/ graduates: confirmation of enrollment relevant for the preferred time frame of the internship or your diploma/ certificates
- Published work samples (max. three)
- Official language certificates (TOEFL, IELTS, etc), if the desired internship is in a foreign language department. A mere language course attendance certificate cannot be accepted - Basic German language knowledge is mandatory for most internships at DW.
- If applicable: a copy of your visa/residence or work permit (and the "Zusatzblatt")
- If applicable: You may attach a recommendation letter, but only if it is explicitly relevant for this application
Kindly send all necessary information as one compiled PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your understanding that only complete applications can be taken into consideration.
Internships at Deutsche Welle last between one to six months and start on the first working day of the month. We try to involve you as much as possible in the department’s daily routine. Taking on journalistic or editorial tasks depends on the journalistic experience you already have. Internships are temporary full-time employments which do not result in permanent future employment. Kindly note, that if you live outside of Germany, seperate conditions apply and therefore the administrative processes, after having received a positive answer, may take up to at least 2 to 3 months.
Deutsche Welle internships are paid internships. The remuneration is defined in relation to your qualifications and starts at 310 Euros per month (excluding mandatory internships). Before applying, kindly clarify, if you own sufficient financial resources in order to bear the costs of living (e.g. travel expenses, accommodation and, if applicable, social security fees, taxes and health insurance).