Ribery wants to stay with the title-holders after the end of his contract in 2017, according to an interview he did with German daily "Bild". He also had an offer to go to China, but decided to stay in Bavaria.
In his ninth season with Bayern Munich, Franck Ribery wants to make sure his time with the club lasts at least a decade. The 32-year-old winger revealed his desire to extend his contract in an interview "Bild" published on Friday, as well as offers from China he turned down.
"I have already talked a little with Uli Hoeness and Karl-Heinz Rummenigge about a new contract," said Ribery. "I still want to stay here one, two more years longer. I am happy, truly happy, to live in Munich. It's great for my wife and children."
Ribery last extended in the summer 2013 before winning UEFA's Best Player in Europe award, a two-year extension that would run until the end of the 2016/17 season. He has missed more than half of Bayern's matches since then with back, knee and ankle issues. Though Bayern have aquired younger players to fill the void, he hopes he and his family can stay in Munich.
"Both of my sons and my youngest daughter were born here," said Ribery. "My children have a German mentality. That makes me happy."
After returning from his most recent ankle issues, Ribery has made five appearances and one start. The start was against Mainz where he played a full 90 minutes for the first time in over a year.
Ribery has been open to the possibility of playing abroad in the past, including Qatar and the United States. He insisted though he is not looking to move for the money, admitting he turned down offers to play in China.
"Money is not the most important thing for me," said Ribery. If I want a lot more money, I would have to go to China. I had an offer. I'm not interested! Now I want to have fun with the fans and win another title at Bayern - this is my club."
kd/dv (dpa, SID)