A bomb attack on a German patrol in northern Afghanistan on Monday, Nov. 17 left four soldiers slightly injured as well as an unspecified number of Afghan civilians, the German army said
The latest attack follows on from the bombing of a German convoy on Sunday
The Improvised Explosive Device (IED) went off on Monday afternoon local time outside the town of Feyzabad, the army said in a short statement on its website.
It was the second such attack in as many days after a blast on Sunday killed two Afghan civilians and wounded two German troops.
Germany has about 3,300 soldiers in the relatively safe north of Afghanistan as part of NATO's 50,000-strong International Security Assistance Force (ISAF).
Last month Berlin boosted the upper limit on troops it has by 1,000 to 4,500 and extended the mission's mandate by 14 months until December 2009 but Chancellor Angela Merkel refuses to send soldiers to the more volatile south of the country.