1. Inhalt
  2. Navigation
  3. Weitere Inhalte
  4. Metanavigation
  5. Suche
  6. Choose from 30 Languages

News

Final person held over London terror attack released

The last person being held for questioning over the March 22 terror attack in London has been released. Investigators believe the attacker acted alone.

British police on Saturday said the last of 12 people held for questioning over last week's terror attack outside the British parliament has been released.

The 30-year-old man was arrested in Birmingham on March 26 on suspicion of terror acts, part of a larger police action sweeping up a dozen people for questioning.

"All those arrested in connection with the terrorist attack in Westminster on Wednesday, 22 March, have now been released with no further action," Scotland Yard said a statement.

Authorities believe 52-year-old Muslim convert Khalid Masood acted alone when he mowed down crowds with a car on Westminster Bridge, killing three people and wounding dozens more. He then fatally stabbed a policeman at Parliament before being shot dead.

The "Islamic State" group claimed credit for the attack. Counter-terrorism investigators said last week Masood had "an interest in jihad," but have found "no evidence" of a link to IS or al-Qaeda and believe he acted alone.

Watch video 04:00

A strike at London‘s heart

cw/rc (AFP, AP)

 

DW recommends

Audios and videos on the topic