One of the best restaurants in Stavanger is the "Bølgen & Moi. Chef Anders Isager prepares a Norwegian take on Halibut.
800 g Halibut Filet
100 g Salt
500 ml Vegetable Oil
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 Lemon Grass
4 Lime Leaves
- Add salt to the water. Cut the Halibut into four identical slices and soak for 20 minutes.
- Chop the garlic, chilli, lemon grass and lime leaves. Heat in oil so the oil absorbs the taste.
- Wash and dry the halibut. The put in oil at 80 degrees Celsius and poach for ten to fifteen minutes.
Take the fish out of the oil and remove excess oil using a paper towel.
2 Ripe avocados.
50 ml Olive oil
Juice of 1-2 limes
1 Handful chopped coriander leaves
- Put ingredients in mixer. Add salt and lime juice to taste.
8 Small tomatoes
- Peel the tomatoes my placing them in boiling water for a short time. Then place in cold water to cool. Heat in oil and sprinkle a little salt over it.
Fennel and Savoy Cabbage:
100 ml white wine vinegar
200 g Sugar
300 ml Water
½ Savoy Cabbage
Chop the coriander, or chives.
- slice the fennel finely.
- bring vinegar, sugar and water to the boil and pour over the fennel. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
-cut the cabbage into thin strikes and steam until soft.
- drain the fennel, mix with the cabbage and herbs
Soy and Ginger Butter:
250 g unsalted butter
200 ml Soy Sauce
1 small piece ginger
1 Clove Garlic
- melt the butter and wait for it to turn brown
- chop the garlic, ginger and shallots and heat in the soy sauce. Mix with the browned butter
Put the tomatoes on the avocado creme. Put the halibut on the fennel. Pour the sauce in the space between. Garnish with fresh herbs or fennel.