The English language sections in Bonn are looking for freelance Multimedia journalists
Deutsche Welle is the international broadcaster of Germany: DW produces television, radio and online content in 30 languages. Its unique mix of news,information and cultural highlights offers European insights to internationalissues, while creating a platform for intercultural dialogue. In addition DWAkademie provides media development programs to reinforce free and independentmedia, particularly in developing and transition countries.
The English language sections in Bonn are looking for freelance
The jobs would include
– Writing news stories for the Internet
– Adapting articles from German
– Editing video material
– Content layout for the webpage
– Producing and editing radio content
– Academic qualification (Master/Bachelor Degree)
– Work experience in print/online
– Experience of working in a newsroom with a high content turnover and tight deadlines
– Sound knowledge of international news, especially in European issues
– Ability and willingness to work night shifts and weekends
– Good German language skills, reading and comprehension
– Mobility – the job requires willingness to move to Germany
Freelance journalists will be scheduled for shifts on an individual basis following agreement between the department heads and the freelancer. Pay is based on the number of shifts worked.
If you are interested in working for us, please send a complete resume and samples of your work to the address below by May 18 2012.