To read our Amharic Web site, you may need to download and install the font Ethiopia Jiret.
However, if the font is not displayed properly, there are two ways to install it. Please follow these instructions.
Installation of the amharic unicode font Ethiopia Jiret
1. Click on the link below.
2. When prompted, select "Save file to disk." Save the file to a location of your choice.
3. Extract the ZIP-Archive.
You have two alternatives: automatic or manual installation.
1. Double-click the file dw-amharic.exe
2. Follow the instructions.
3. You may have to restart your computer in order to complete the installation.
1. Extract the font jiret.ttf to a location of your choice.
2. From the Start menu, go to "Settings," then to "Control Panel."
3. Double-click the icon "Fonts."
4. In the folder menu go to "Files" and choose "Install new Font."
5. Then select the folder where you've extracted the file "JIRET.TTF." "Ethiopia Jiret (TrueType)" should appear in the upper list.
6. Select it and then click on the "OK"-Button.
7. You may have to restart your computer in order to complete the installation.